This Valentine’s day why not love your job instead! Here are five ways to make sure you love what you do…
- Set yourself goals and strive to achieve them – Goals are great, they can help you focus and motivate you to work to your full potential. Whether you choose to set daily or yearly targets write them down and when you have completed them tick them off. This can bring great satisfaction when you can look back and see what you have achieved!
- Positive attitude! – You should enter every shift with a positive attitude, don’t dwell on what happened yesterday today is a fresh start. New customers, new challenges get ready to seize the day!
- Organization – Prepare yourself the night before, get your uniform washed and ironed, make sure you get enough sleep. Hospitality is a fast paced busy industry and being able to work to your full ability is key when you are part of a team.
- Embrace your natural talents – Your individuality makes you who you are. Everyone has different strengths and weaknesses and it is important to embrace your natural talents and implement them into your working life.
- Maintaining the work-life balance – Hospitality is a buzzing industry and depending on your role you can become more involved than others. It’s crucial that the right balance of work and down time is clear to you. Working flat out can drain you and demotivate from what you want to achieve. Yes it’s hospitality and yes it’s a 24/7 365 industry but you’re only human!
Make the love of your life your career this Valentines and why not have a look at some of the great careers on offer at The Jobs Menu.
Until our next encounter,
The Fairy Job Mother