You may not ‘do’ resolutions but if you’re like me, there will be rather a few belated best intentions relating to, money, alcohol and weight-loss. However, if you’re still working in a job that doesn’t inspire you, applying for a new career could be the easiest New Year’s resolution you ever make, and here’s why:
1) Studies show taking on more than one resolution at a time decreases your chances of success considerably, so just choose one!
2) New job resolutions don’t involve will-power, stamina or abstinence. It simply takes positive actions, and then..enjoy the instant and lasting benefits…
3) If the only thing telling you to start a healthy lifestyle is a hungover New Year promise, you’ll drop it as soon as Feburary comes along! Motivation of this type needs to come from elsewhere, and having a happy and secure career life is one of the things that may give you the confidence to keep you going throughout the year.
4) Ask how influential your current job is for your ‘bad health habits’. Are you smoking more to get away from your work? Comfort eating when you get home? Blowing off too much steam after your shifts?
5) Stress can cause all sorts of health risks, and even contributes to weight gain, so if you think about it, a more relaxed new job can actually contribute to a healthier you!
5) If not now, when? January’s a quiet month; you’re always be needed and valued in the hospitality industry but the chances are that you’re needed the least right now!
If you are wondering where to start, check out The Jobs Menu to view all sorts of catering and hospitality positions. For jobs which match your personality, fill out your profile and see what we have to offer.