A modern definition of hospitality is central to the business; combining quintessentially British values of tradition, outstanding quality and exceptional service with a unique sense of style, personal to the Brownsword family. The Brownsword family define these characteristics in terms of originality, personality and quality.
One of the few family owned hotel groups – throughout our team you will find a strong sense of belonging and commitment to each other and the Company.
The characters and personalities of our team is one of the main reasons our guests keep on returning and we believe we have some of the best people in our industry working with us. This is not a view shared just by us but by industry experts. Some of the awards we have nominated our team for and won are The Acorn Awards, The Hotel Cateys, & The Shine Awards.
Our hotels are fast paced environments which we all need a break from now and again. Whether its our yearly staff party, the AB Awards dinner, a celebration to recognise all of the outstanding employees across our collection or just the team deciding to have a night out, we want people to enjoy being part of our family.
Our success depends on our team, we want people to grow and develop with us and to enjoy what we have to offer. Below is a taster of what we do:
- If you want to progress we are here to help, what we can do for you:
- Management development programme
- Our bespoke customer service programme
- Stages at some of the best hotels/restaurants within the country
- Tailor development around what you want/need
- A unique development programme, we are committed to introducing people to our industry, nurturing their enthusiasm and guiding them through their first steps.
- Launching in 2016 – This programme aims to develop future managers of our company, providing exposure to all areas within our hotels & our group, offering guidance for people making the transition from the academic world into the hospitality environment.
Above & Beyond
- We look after our team with lots of benefits
- Highly discounted rates on food and beverage and accommodation at all our unique properties for you and your family to enjoy.
- A customised high street discount website offering exceptional value on all your purchases
- Employee recognition scheme offering vouchers to major high street stores given on a monthly and adhoc basis to recognise employees going Above & Beyond
- AB Awards, a celebration to recognise all of the outstanding employees across our collection.
- Rewarding employees for their commitment to our group whether it be their 1st or 30th anniversary.
- Offering access to sporting pursuits available at the properties, whether it be the hotel gym, a game of golf on our putting greens or a swim in the hotel pool
- Free access to a 24 hour helpline offering support to all employees needing to navigate through any challenges in their life
- Family friendly company offering access to childcare vouchers to all employees with children
- Cycle to work scheme enables you to get bikes and accessories tax-free, saving on average about half the cost
Staff accommodation is available at some of our sites offered at a fantastic rate. Free meals are also provided on duty which you can enjoy in our staff canteens.