Are you Brighthearted?At Hilton Garden Inn we are the brand of the BrightHearted, from the first Hello to the next we share our BrightHearted Hospitality to create heartfelt moments that brighten the day of our guests and our team. We are now looking for an experienced leader who embodies our BrightHearted culture to join ourFood & Beverage Team at Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport.
AsAssistant Food & Beverage Manageryou will become an integral member of the team to deliver excellence to all our valued customers in our hotel, through our teams in our F&B departments.
This is a role, where we engage with you; give you practical training, development and progression within a dynamic and rapidly expanding company, knowing that promotion will not be too far away if you want a fun and exciting career in hospitality.
If you are flexible, well organised, possess excellent communication skills, can work on your own initiative as well as motivating others, have a genuine desire to work in the hospitality industry and are looking for a structured career path then apply online today.
Assistant Food & Beverage Manager key responsibilities:
- To consistently demonstrate the culture and behaviour of BrightHearted Hospitality, and in doing so ensure that guest expectations are met throughout their stay
- Proactively encourage development and motivation for self and others. Conduct regular appraisals and implement development plans.
- Keeping the team up to date about departmental, hotel and company activities through daily communications including financial feedback, customer feedback, Trip Advisor, SALT Reports
Assist the Food & Beverage Manager to evaluate levels of Guest satisfaction and monitor trends, with a focus on continuous improvement
- Maximise outlet sales at average spend and use up-selling techniques to promote hotel services and facilities
- Assist the Food & Beverage Manager with recruiting, managing, training and developing the Food & Beverage team
- Assist the Food & Beverage Manager with setting departmental objectives, work schedules, budgets, policies, and procedures
- Monitor the appearance, standards, and performance of the Food & Beverage Team Members with an emphasis on training and teamwork.
- Awareness of the emergency procedures, full knowledge of the fire manual, ensuring that all staff and supervisors are similarly aware.
- Conduct monthly communication meetings, in the absence of the Food & Beverage Manager, and produce minutes
- Duty Management as required.
- Ensure Team Members have current knowledge of hotel products, services, pricing and policies, as well as knowledge of the local area, and are continuously trained to learn and understand policies and practices.
What benefits will I receive while working for us?
Here are some of the fantastic benefits that you would be entitled to if you joined Jurys Inns Hotel Group. Full details are provided during Company BELONG Induction Programme.
- Well-Tailored Uniforms
- Meals on duty
- Social Activities (Staff Summer/Winter event)
- Monthly engagement activities
- Annual Charity Event Day
- Training and Development opportunities through our `Grow` L&D Programme
- Employee of the month & Overall Employee of the Year, Gala dinner
- Discounted accommodation rates for staff members and reduced rate for friends and family
- Food Discount - 50% off total lunch or dinner bills when staying in one of our hotels
- 28 days holiday entitlement including bank holidays, increasing with service to a maximum of 33 days
- Pension Scheme- Contributory Group Personal Pension Plan
- Flexible working hours
- Earn up to £1000 for recommending a friend to work for us
- Birthday cards every year
- Life Assurance
- No split shifts